Ok, so if you couldn’t guess from the title who I will be writing about, I’ll give you some hints: She is a mum of four, married to one of the best footballers in the world, a fashion icon & one fifth of the Spice Girls! If you still can’t guess who I’m talking about, I am deeply shocked!
Just in case there are any of you out there who can’t figure it out, I’m writing about the one & only Victoria Beckham! Seeing as yesterday was Harper Seven’s birthday, I thought that this would be one of the best times to write about Victoria’s brand.
(Copyright of the above photos belong to Yahoo & the Mirror)
Victoria has achieved so much in the fashion industry that it is no wonder that she wonder British Glamour Magazine’s ‘Woman of the Decade’ award! To summarise some of her achievements, would look like this:
- Victoria Beckham made her debut as a model on the catwalk for Maria Grachvogel during London Fashion Week. (2000)
- Victoria has been a British ambassador for Dolce and Gabbana & was briefly the face of Rocawear. (2003)
- VB’s fashion designing career started with her designing a limited-edition fashion line for Rock & Republic called ‘VB Rocks’ in 2004. The line mainly consisted of jeans for the high end market.
- On 16 January 2006, during Milan Fashion Week, Beckham walked the runway for Roberto Cavalli.
- 2006 marked the time in which Victoria turned her hand to fashion editing during the March issue of Harper’s Bazaar.
- Victoria, being a self confessed lover of sunglasses, released her own line of them (dvb Eyewear).
- In September of 2006, Victoria left Rock & Republic & went on to launch her own range of denim in which she was the creative director of. The denim line was given the name ‘dvb Style’.
- In September 2006, Victoria also launched ‘Intimately Beckham’ (a his & her fragrance line). VB has also gone on to produce a range of handbags & jewellery in association with Japanese shop ‘Samantha Thavasa’.
- On 5 June 2007, Beckham won two British Glamour Magazine Awards, one for “Woman of the Year” and another for “Entrepreneur of the Year,” which celebrated her fashion achievements.
- On 14 June 2007 Beckham launched her dvb Denim collection in New York at the high-end Saks Fifth Avenue, along with unveiling her eye-wear range in the United States for the first time.
- In the same month, Beckham made her first appearance at London’s annual Graduate Fashion Week as a judge to choose the winner of the River Island Gold Award, worth £20,000.
- In August 2007, Intimately Beckham perfume hit US stores for the first time.
- In September 2007, Beckham released Intimately Beckham Night a new range of his & her fragrances,and her debut cosmetics line V-Sculpt was unveiled and launched in Tokyo.
- Beckham was the face of Marc Jacobs for his Spring 2008 collection.
- Beckham’s own fashion collection debuted during the 2008 New York Fashion Week.
- Beckham sealed her status as a fashion icon by appearing on the cover of different editions of Vogue Magazine three times in the space of a year.Beckham’s first appearance was on the April 2008 cover of British Vogue, then in November she appeared on Indian Vogue, and in February 2009 she made the cover of Russian Vogue.
- In November 2011, Beckham was awarded the “Designer of the Year” gong at the annual British Fashion Awards.
When you look at that list, I think it’s fair to say that VB has done well since the start of her fashion career don’t you? Why don’t we now take a look at some of the items available to purchase online:
(Copyright of the above photos belong to Victoria Beckham)
I have chosen these two items specifically in order to give you a taste of the variation among the different collections.
A personal favourite of Victoria’s from the ‘ready to wear: icon’ collection, the fitted polo dress (dress one of two) pulls off a professional & sexy look. I say this because overall the dress has class & sophistication about it while the red colour of it is eye-catching, interesting & compliments a range of skin tones! The dress hugs the figure of whomever wears it, giving that sexy edge to it! It is recommended on Victoria’s site that you purchase the dress a size larger than what you actually are due the fit of the dress. In terms of the price, the dress costs £1650.00. If you would like to go to the dress’ page please click here.
The zip front collage dress (dress two) is has quirkier look & the intricate detail makes the dress intriguing, interesting & very appealing! This dress is another that suggests professionalism however it has an outgoing touch. The shades of black used compliment the navy & those who wear it. The dress’ geometric patterns draw attention from all over & give a nice depth. Unlike the first dress, you do not need to buy this item in the next size up. The cost of this dress is £785.00 & if you would like to go to the dress’ page, please click here
If you would like to take a look at other items available, please click here